This week’s bit of fun:
How to fail a breathalyzer
Monday Andy and Mick set up a Kenwood TS-2000e for us to have a play with. Most members present agree that this is the best all round rig for training and club use that our budget could stretch too. I will work with Derek to purchase one of these and a power supply this week. We should then have a station on Monday nights.
Wednesday Colin and I recorded another episode of the ICQPODCAST, this is episode 98.
My friend Chris lent me a DVAP Dstar Access point which I have been playing with most of the weekend. After the initial setup it worked well with my Icom ID-E880 and many contacts were had over the weekend.
Sunday Colin released the latest episode of the ICQPODCAST
Series Five Episode Two of the ICQ Podcast - G-QRP Limerick Sudden 40m Receiver has been released.
News Stories include:-
- Earth Station for Sale
- New 60m web site
- ARRL achieves fund raising goal
- KG4, Guantanamo Bay
- UK amateurs experience echo phenomenon
- Danish presidency of EU callsign
- Student D-STAR satellite to launch in 2012
- The new VHF-UHF band plan - 4m in Ireland
- QRP to the ISS
- Special callsigns for UK radio amateurs during 2012
- New Clubs and Training section for RSGB website
- Cuban Amateur Radio regulations modified
- Call of Titanic will go out again
Your feedback and Colin (M6BOY) reviews the G-QRP Limerick Sudden 40m Receiver.
The ICQPOCAST can be downloaded from http://www.icqpodcast.com